Friday 26 July 2024

Moving God

This is an extract from my book God's Heart Cry for Revival. I hope it really blesses you today.



Worshipping in Spirit and Truth

I want to know how to move God. I want to know how to touch His heart deeply. I want to know how to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. Jesus said in John 4:23-24, “Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshippers will worship the Father in Spirit and Truth, for they are the kind of worshippers the Father seeks. God is Spirit, and His worshippers must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.” When I was first saved, the idea of worshipping in Spirit and in Truth seemed so profound to me. I thought maybe it’s in music, so I played lots of worship music, I felt God’s presence occasionally, but I realised that it was not in the music. Maybe it was in the act of praying, so I prayed and prayed even to the point where I prayed half an hour every hour and found that this became a religious act to me, and God was not there in the act of praying. Then I thought it was in the act of reading the Bible, so I read the Bible for about three to four hours a day for some time, I got to know the Bible very well, but this to became a religious act and I could not maintain it indefinitely. No, worshipping the Father in Spirit and in Truth was not in any of these acts.

My Heart is the Answer

Then God revealed Jeremiah 29:13, which says, “You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart.” This Scripture made me realise that inside my heart is where the answer lies. Hungry, sincere hearts seeking hard after God are the types of worshippers the Father seeks. Once I grasped this and began to search my heart, I realised that sincere, earnest prayer does not come easily. We have to search Him out with all of our strength and all of our might. It is necessary to recognise and acknowledge that Jesus sent us the Holy Spirit as a life companion and as a partner in prayer. Therefore we can trust in Him to lead us into the Most Holy Place.

Ready to Pour Out His Spirit

Charles Finney said, “When I speak of moving God, I do not mean that God’s mind is changed by prayer or that His disposition or character is changed. Prayer produces such a change in us that God is completely consistent with His nature when He answers our prayers.” 9 God is the God of revival, He has always been ready to pour out His Spirit upon all flesh, but we have always been His problem. There must be an adequate personal change in His people en-masse to see our prayers move God to pour out His Spirit. This is the object of this book and many like it. I believe in these coming days, God is going to make us so desirous of personal change and to turn from sin that we, the Bride of Christ, are going to be made ready for His coming as talked about in Revelation 19:7-8, “Let us rejoice and be glad and give Him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and His bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.” (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.)” Our righteous Holy Spirit inspired acts will be our wedding clothes at this time, so I tell you, start putting on your wedding clothes, don’t let this day come upon you unexpectedly and have nothing to wear at the wedding, for He is surely coming soon.

Charles Finney, How to Experience Revival (Whitaker House, 580 Pittsburgh St. Springdale, PA 15144) page 43

Robert Cartledge

Check Out Rob's Books at:

https://payhip.com/RobCartledgeBooks

Our Patreon:  patreon.com/nothinbutthetruth

No comments:

Post a Comment